Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Potpourri

For you today, some diversions from ye olde daily routine.

First, Logan has discovered (through his sad World of Warcraft addiction) a website that allows you to subtitle foreign film clips (Indian, 20-30 seconds). It is basically Mystery Science Theatre with your own funny lines. It is good for a lark for us at work, because the hours of the day go by very slowly.

Included is one of Logan's masterpieces, "The Poopy" ... I never said it was high-brow humor.

Secondly, did you know that there are World Beard and Moustache Championships? I didn't either. But there is a website devoted to this competition, with events ranging from the "Full Beard Natural" category, to the "Partial Beard Freestyle" category, the fun never stops. Lastyear's events were held in Brighton, England and the next World Championships will be held in 2009 in Anchorage, Alaska. Most of the beardsmen are from either the United States, Germany, or Sweden. I don't know if that has any significance, just thought I'd mention it. For a game you can play, navigate the site to find the beardsman who was formerly a "pizza delivery professional"

Tertiary, Micah introduced me to the concept of Extreme Ironing a few years back. He knows I love to iron (which I still do) and came across this activity somehow, someway. If you love ironing as much as I do (like you always pick the Iron when playing Monopoly), we should organize some sort of extreme ironing adventure... but I'm not jumping out of a plane. They also have a website and are very organized (as you would expect from a group of ironers)

Here are things that would be cool to do:






3 comments:

Tat said...

Trev, I love your photo! Also, thanks for the Bombay TV website... hilarious.

Drew said...

polar bear's toenail's are pretty freakin cool. haha!

Drew said...

polar bear's toenail's are pretty freakin cool. haha!