Monday, April 20, 2009

How to Trap a Jew

For those who do not have a sense of humor, stop reading. By sense of humor, I mean tolerance of mild, jocular intolerance. Cool? Cool.

So, if Beyond Balderdash is to be believed, the word 'Jubate' means 'fringed with long hair'... however, I was interested in a different kind of Jew-Bait.

My good buddy Lish is of Jewish descent, and happens to live down the street from us. The trapping was more due to his place of residence, not his ancestry.... so relax.

After Mark and I started a war with some other students in my program (re: we threw some water balloons at them)... I still had 5 water balloons leftover on Sunday. Jen and I were looking for some fun, our conversation went something like this:

Trevor: "Hey! Let's go throw water balloons at Lish!"
Jen: "How will we get him out of his house?"
Trevor: "We'll bait him with Candy Beans!"
Jen: "He won't eat them off the ground"
Trevor: "We can put the Candy Beans on some napkins!"

The plan in place... we trotted over to the Harris residence. (note: While one may immediately think of Gold or "Buy-One, Get-One" Sales on Yarmulkes as appropriate Jew Bait, a little known fact is that Candy Beans are more effective.)

So, in a quiet way, we placed 5 napkins leading away from his door, with a handful of Candy Beans (SweetTart JellyBeans) on each napkin. Jen then went up to the landing of the apartments above Lish's door and I knocked on the door and hid behind some bushes.

Lish opened the door, happily surprised by the Candy Beans that had been sent like Manna from Heaven. As he walked away from the door, I scurried to cut off his escape back into the house and launched a water balloon attack as Jen dropped balloons on his head from above.

We then ran away laughing. Included is a diagram of the sneak attack.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say my favorite part is the diagram. Lovely!

Tat said...

I now have "Throw the Jew down the well" stuck in my head. And am reminded of the cakes with sleeping draught used to bait Crabbe and Goyle in HPatCoS.

Abby said...

AWESOME. And I love the diagram.

Gabe and Christina said...

I am crying I'm laughing so hard. I think my favorite was the conversation between you and Jen