Thursday, July 30, 2009

IM Bowling is over....

For us.

For the teams that actually win games and come through in the clutch... it is still going on.

We lost in heart-breaking fashion, in the last 2 frames of the 3rd game.... 8-7.

I personally shoulder the blame as I bowled 2 horrible games, after starting with a 178.

1st Game - 178
2nd Game - 97
3rd Game - 120

Average for the day: 133.67

Average for the season: 146.0

To adjust for potential outliers, I will find the standard deviation for the sample, and determine if any scores from the season need to be disregarded as outliers.

Mean: 146
SD: 27
Range of 2 SD: 96 - 200

As all scores fall in that range, my true average for the season was 146. Not 150, but at least I don't have caterpillars on my face, Lish.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, HAHA!

Secondly, that is my husband you're talking about!

And lastly, 97? HAHA!

The Trevor said...

Whitney,

If you wanna lay some paper on a game of bowling between you and me, or even you and Lish... I will gladly take all bets.

Throw down, or no laughing.